Wednesday 27 November 2013

15,000 Words

I should have waited until I had an even 12 months of blog absence under my belt before resurrecting this page, but I suppose I should at least comment on how quickly my 25th birthday blog-writing goal fizzled.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then here are 15,000 words to describe the past 10 months:

5,000 Words on Winter

President Obama's 2nd Inauguration, and the best lip-syncing you've ever heard from Beyonce. 

The Two-week Challenge. No, it’s not a couch-to-5k regime, it’s a dating challenge. While things didn't work out between the two of us, I do think we twenty-and-thirty-somethings can learn a thing or two from this type of no-nonsense (or utter nonsense, as you will) dating. 


Traded Winter blues for Jamaican turquoise, and was sorely disappointed to see not one bobsled the whole trip.

 Joined a Fantasy Bachelor League (no, but really). I probably watched 3 episodes total, but at least I got this slick award.

Experienced the joys of mediocre East-coast skiing in Maryland and New Hampshire.

5,000 Words on Spring

My most favorite parents, Swervin’ Mervyn and his cuddly panda wife, came to visit DC! Kimono exhibit during the Cherry Blossom Festival with my little lady.

 And speaking of cherry blossoms, they were neat.

Hoop earrings the size of hubcaps? It must be time for NASCAR Richmond!

Camped out 12 hours for Saturday Night Live with Zach Galifianakis. Zach, don’t say I never did nothing for you.

A travesty occurred just this week in Queens: they whitewashed 5Pointz - the mecca of American graffiti - and will tear it down before the new year. Luckily we got to see it before all this priceless street art is rubble.

5,000 Words on Summer

Had my first Duck Beach experience. And if “Mormon Spring Break” sounds like building sandcastles for hours and playing Mafia to you, then you’re about right.

It’s perfectly acceptable to ride around DC in a stretch excursion in animal prints when your girl turns 30.

Why don’t people staycation more often? My roommate and I blew bubbles in our milk while spying on the White House from our room.  And everything about that is okay.

Took a surprise trip to visit the family in Houston and bored the kiddos out of their minds at their first opera.

If you haven’t eaten a blueberry pie while watching the sunset at Cape Neddick, ME, something is missing from your life. God bless America (and particularly those itty bitty New England states). 

Oh mercy, I can't keep this to 5 pictures. Just one more.


Sister trip to NYC! Cute Court left her husband and kiddos in cold Canada to do all things Swan girls love: a tea party, a Pentatonix concert (we were the oldest ones there by about 10 years), window-shopping at Tiffany & Co., and of course, an homage to our man John (above).

No comments:

Post a Comment